Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why did Tom Kelly's heart problem stop the show?

God I'm confused ::: then again I'm sort'a kind'a old and recovering from a stroke. That said ::: stopping James Arthur Ray's mitigation hearing doesn't make sense to me.  I'm probably just stupid.

According the rules of the Arizona Supreme Court ::: nonresident attorneys who want to to appear as counsel (pro hac vice) simply need to comply with Rule 38(a).

This basically means any out of state lawyer with the proper credentials and fees (Translation: ALL of James Arthur Ray's MTO folks) simply completes a pro hac vice form and sends it ::: along with the fees ::: to the State Bar of Arizona.  They don't need an Arizona Lawyer on their team ::: don't need nada beyond a client that is ::: all they need to do is show up for trial.

For the record, I'm sorry Mr Kelly took ill.  I've been in and out of the hospital a LOT over the years and know how scary it can be.  My heart goes out to Kelly and his entire family.  I hope he's feeling better soon.

BUT (there's always one of those isn't there?) it doesn't make ANY sense to me why Kelly ::: who's not even the lead lawyer on James Arthur Ray ::: would be so vital as to necessitate Darrow shutting the entire case down ::: to be rescheduled at a later date (yet again)?  I mean most NORMAL folk manage to survive the judicial system with one lawyer ::: friend James has 8.

Accidents and illness happens all the time ::: and life continues on.  One would think with six California lawyers and two Arizona Lawyers representing James Arthur Ray they could have managed to carry on without Kelly.  But then what do I know?

This entire thing has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.  Sure would be interesting to see how many airline tickets and hotel reservations James Arthur Ray's dream team actually made paid for???  Guess I'm suspicious because friend Ray's people were trying so hard to delay the process from get go.  I'm also curious as to how much lead time these good people gave the state ::: and how much money the state and their witnesses are now out of ::: for plane fair, lodging, missing work, etc. 

Question of the day?  When the state was informed of Kelly's illness?  Who pays the state's costs to schedule and reschedule things?  Who pays for the loss in work, etc. suffered by all the state's witnesses?


It's coming up on the two year anniversary of Spiritual Warrior 2009.  God willing this mess will have been resolved before that date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment